You’re working hard to build your email list. Great job! Now, what do you put in your newsletter? Don’t stress because I’ve created a fabulous list of Creative Content Ideas for your Newsletter to help keep you motivated when you’re staring at a blank screen wondering what to write about.
- Blog Post Snippets – Create a round up of what you shared on your blog over the past few weeks.
- Behind-the-Scenes – Share behind-the-scene snippets or photos. Readers like to see that everything isn’t perfect all the time and they also like to get a glimpse of our real life. They want to see the mess that we’ve made in our craft room or our kitchen. They like to see that our houses aren’t perfectly decorated all the time.
- Upcoming Events – Planning a fun blog event, launching an ebook, working on a podcast? Share the news in your newsletter.
- Share Older Content – Dig back in the archives of your website and share older posts that are relevant to the season or time of year.
- Business Goals
- Relevant Deals, Sales, Coupons, etc.
- Bonus Content – Share a bonus printable, recipe, styling tip exclusively with your newsletter subscribers.
- Giveaways – Share giveaways before you share it on your website.
- Client/Customer Stories – Share what your clients are saying.
- Printables – Anytime you create a free printable on your website to attract new subscribers, make sure you’re sending it out to your current subscribers also.
- Polls and Surveys – Ask your subscribers what they’d like to see more of on your website.
- Seasonal Content – Share seasonal content with your subscribers. For example, share a round-up of pumpkin recipes in October, appetizer recipes right before the Super Bowl, Thanksgiving Decorating Tips in November, etc.
- Tips and Tricks – Share a few tips and tricks relevant to your niche that you know your readers will appreciate.
- Quotes – Share your favorite motivational quote.
- Book Recommendations
- Podcast Recommendations
- A Bonus Series – This sounds fun, doesn’t it? Get creative and create a bonus series exclusively for your newsletter subscribers.
- Images – Make sure to include images in your newsletter.
- Recent News – Share news within your niche that your reader’s will find interesting and helpful.
- Business Stats
- Reader Challenge – Create a fun challenge at the end of your newsletter for your readers to complete.
- Round Ups – Share 5 of your favorite soup recipes, 6 must-make breakfast recipes, gift ideas, and more.
- A New Life Hack
- An Achievement or Business Accomplishment – Did you recently reach an important goal you’ve been working hard to accomplish? Share it with your subscribers.
- Personal Stories
One thing you’ll notice in this list is that all of these ideas are exclusive to your email subscribers. Make your subscribers feel special. That should be your #1 goal with your newsletter.
Most importantly, have fun creating your newsletter! It shouldn’t be a stressful task.
Still stressing about your website’s newsletter? Let us do the work for you! We’re excited to add Newsletters to our list of services and we are ready to create newsletters we know your subscribers will read. Contact us for more details.